Friday, October 21, 2011

Word Paths • Heart

Everyone has a word path. One word leads to another.
Velásquez©2011
Word Paths, a Friday feature showcasing possibilities in written words, creative process and artistic pieces. 
My goal is to present three to five words or three to five lines. 
I may go to seven words or seven lines but probably not often, only if needed. 
I plan to work the Word Paths out artistically and process them to share with you here. 
You can go here, to my first post on this project and see how it all started.
_____________________________



In the studio working with gouache and Sumi brushes. Spent the day creating some word art and exploring word paths. 
love working with gouache. Gouache with its opaque watercolor qualities and smooth,creamy texture is a dream to work with. 
A favorite of mine since art school.
I started some pieces with acrylic ink but found acrylic ink too transparent for the look I was going for.


 Playing with words and paint, I really enjoyed making this piece of art. The motion of writing in cursive is so fun and so free with the flow of movement. I keep a notebook to record my word paths. This is where I work out the feel of the piece I will eventually paint and present.



  
Here is my word path for today • Two versions
Silent with Love                                                                                                                  Velásquez©2011

 Silent with Love Repeated                                                                                                  Velásquez©2011 

Difficult to choose one piece to share because I loved them both. More love to spread around!
I love the word "love" all forms, in language, in poetry, emotion and in art.
Whether it is the love you have for your 
 partner
parents
children
friends
Nina Simone
or
Wassily chairs

It has the power to leave you windswept with joy.

_____________________________________________________________________
Happy Weekend • Fill your Heart with Love • Enjoy the Language of Words









4 comments:

  1. I like them both, too! Thanks for spreading the love - there can never be too much! (I need to loosen up so my writing flows like yours.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great one Deborah. I haven't touched my sumo brushes since "that" class. I do write with my regular paint brushes though and of course love me some gouache!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah, thank you for visiting my blog! Very interesting project you working on, I love both versions! but it’s depends what they are for. The first one simple and elegant will be great as a poster, the second one is fantastic for something big as this cursive word repetition creates very interesting texture and shapes between the text. Good luck to you with blogging and your work! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deborah, your photos look great. I love the written words -beautiful -i like both versions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...