Friday, March 16, 2012

Word Paths • A Question for Mommy

_____________________________


Everyone has a word path. One word leads to another.
Velásquez©2011

Word Paths, a Friday feature showcasing possibilities in written words, creative process and artistic pieces. 
My goal is to present three to five words or three to five lines. 
I may go to seven words or seven lines but probably not often, only if needed. 
I plan to work the Word Paths out artistically and process them to share with you here. 
You can go here, to my first post on this project and see how it all started.
__________________________________
_
My oldest son had asked me a while ago "if you were a superhero what superpower would you want?" My choices were invisibility or strength. I of course wanted both, why not I'm the mom!! I reminded him of that conversation today and shared with him my word ideas for today's post and he said "mom I have some comic books with some strong female leads you can use". He just makes me laugh. I would have to say he is my Superhero!


For today's Word Path I was inspired by conversations and comic books you could say. In my conversations with other moms we always chat about balance. The balance we try to find in our everyday while juggling all the have to dos. Life is going so fast and at times and is so congested and compressed that we need to accept the fact we can't do it all and at the end of the day that is okay! I have a friend who I would have to say has the superpower of "letting go". I love that when it gets crazy for her, apples and popcorn make a great dinner!  Why not! This inspires me and I hope we moms continue to inspire, support and share great stories with one another.


Here is My Word Path for Today 


Feel free to share your superpower. 
Mine is optimism and a positive attitude with laughter as my cape!

Happy Weekend • Ka-Pow!! • Enjoy the Language of Words



All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website.


3 comments:

  1. My superpower is stealing! I'm totally taking that idea of popcorn and apples for dinner! I wish my superpower were patience, the my kids couldn't "try it" as often as they do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My superpower is my sight - I see things around me in a unique way. Popcorn and apples for dinner sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. during birthday celebrations in our classroom, the children interview the birthday boy or girl. they always ask that question! it's fun to hear. some confidently answer, "invisibility!" or "fly!" and some have to think. mine would be to make more hours in the day for relaxing. and always sleeping until we feel like waking up. sound good?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...