Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Blogging in real time...Me and Nigella


Wasn't planning on posting tonight but the kids were off to bed and I happen to have some supplies in the house and I had to paint. Flower ideas have been swirling in my head the last few days. I have a travel supply bag that I carry from the studio to the house and then from the house to the studio...... 
I had some black gouache and a large pad of watercolor paper.

I took advantage of the quiet and decided to start sketching with a pencil and a brush. 
I sketched  Nigella Damascena also known as Love in a Mist. A lovely and stunning flower. 
Working on 24 x 18 so this will frame up nicely. 
Will decide on color and medium tomorrow. 
Oil stick,watercolor or gouache? I  will sleep on it!




Thank you for stopping by.








This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©
Vintage Alphabet Cards from my Collection

All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2013.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...