Friday, March 7, 2014

Word Path • Closure • A repost, remixed and done with a heavy heart

 We can all take something from this as we help those who face loss.

Everyone has a word path. One word leads to another.
Velásquez©2011
Word Paths have  been a Friday feature showcasing possibilities in written words, creative process and artistic pieces from the beginning of my blog You can go here, to my first post on this project and see how it all started.
________________________

Video of Anderson Cooper interviewing his mother Gloria Vanderbilt.


I am a big fan of Anderson Cooper, a CNN anchor. I like his style of
 reporting, he is accessible, funny and genuine. His mother, Gloria Vanderbilt, , a designer, writer, painter and a fashion icon has my respect and admiration for all she has contributed to the world of design. Back on September 19, 2011 Anderson interviewed his mother on his new daytime talk show. Wonderful to watch the both of them so full of pride and love for each other. There was a point in the video where Gloria opened up about their family tragedy, the loss of her son and Anderson's brother, Carter. They both spoke about the word closure and how they both disliked the word, they called it a "TV word". It is mentioned at 13:04 in the video if you want to have a listen. I was going to just have that snippet so you could understand my inspiration for today's Word Path on closure but decided to include the entire interview. I believe it is important to see Gloria and Anderson's relationship in full. 
You get a chance to see how they are each other's champion. 

As a mom especially of boys I am always touched 
by other mother and son relationships, 
it grabs a piece of my heart so tight it aches.

  
Here is my word path for today 
Closure                                                                              by Velásquez@2011

Inspired by their conversation I made this piece. I am not here to make anyone sad by today's post. I believe it is a good one for sharing and understanding. 
My hope is to have you think of the word differently. 
To see what someone feels in words, that is my goal. 

The word closure is just a line literally and figuratively. As an artist I see the line as having a beginning point and an end point never meeting to complete or make a circle. The line has its ups and downs and at times it spirals out of control or swirling leaving you dazed and confused when tragedy or loss show up at your door.

Closure never makes a circle. 
It is two points never meeting, never making you whole just changed.

In My Heart, I Will Hold You                 by Velásquez ©2014 


_____________________________________________________________________
Be Open and Kind• Enjoy the Language of Words


Thank you for stopping by.

This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©


All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2014.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...